Step 6 to Selling Your Home: Time for Showings!
Fabulous news! We have our first showing request!!
Here are a few things to keep in mind before every showing:
- Have your home look just like it did for the photographs (ie. clean, all dishes put away, floors free of dog hair, etc)
- Put all toilet seat lids down
- Open all curtains/blinds
- Turn on all lights before you leave for a showing
- Hide any valuables such as jewelry, prescription meds, etc or, better yet, take them with you
- Hide all bills with your name on them as we don’t want potential buyers to know who you are
- Turn off alarm systems and lock all doors
- The buyer’s Realtor will use the lockbox key to enter/exit if we’re not accompanying them and is supposed to turn off all lights and lock the door when she/he leaves
- Showings usually last 15 – 30 minutes, however, in case clients come early we like to have you out 15 minutes before the showing is scheduled to start and stay out for at least 45 minutes in case the buyer is running late or the showing goes long (that’s a good thing and usually means they like your home!). Therefore, plan to be gone for 45 minutes to 1 hour for each showing
- Take pets with you unless they are friendly and mellow around strangers
- Once the brochures/MLS listing sheets arrive in the mail, please leave them in your foyer or dining table for showings
- After the showing, the buyer’s Realtor will automatically get an email asking for feedback. Generally, only about 30% of Realtors fill it out. If they do, we will send you a copy of any feedback immediately
If you have any questions, please let us know! Now let’s get your home sold.